Fix Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties
Learn what to do in the event that you see Error 3371: Could not introduce license properties.
Now and again, when you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop, you may see one of these error messages:
- Could not introduce license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not stack the license information. This might be caused by missing or damaged documents.
- Could not introduce license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code - 11118] QuickBooks could not stack the license information. This might be caused by missing or damaged documents.
- Could not introduce license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code - 1] QuickBooks could not stack the license information. This might be caused by missing or damaged records.
These errors can occur with an obsolete Windows operating framework. There could be harm or a missing Windows component. You may even have an antivirus program that blocks QuickBooks documents.
- QuickBooks needs the Microsoft MSXML record to run. This document helps QuickBooks recover the data in the Qbregistration.dat record. This lets QuickBooks open.
- QuickBooks won't open in the event that it can't recover and validate the license information.
- If QBregistration.dat is damaged when it activates, QuickBooks won't open.
Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect clients: You may experience this issue in the event that you open the document before you spare it. You should initially spare the document before you import the .QBO record.
Solution 1: Delete your Entitlement record
The entitlement record discloses to QuickBooks your product is valid and registered. Discover the document and delete it so you can reenter your license and product information.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Type "Run" into the search and open Run.
- Type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and afterward Enter. On the off chance that this doesn't open an envelope, enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.
- Find EntitlementDataStore.ecml. Right-click the document and select Delete. Select Yes to confirm.
- Open QuickBooks and your company document.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enlist QuickBooks once more.
Solution 2: Clean install QuickBooks Desktop
In the event that you despite everything see the error after a clean install, you'll have to work with a certified IT expert or contact Microsoft. There might be harm to your Windows Operating System